Performance testing of fiber patch cords is divided int […]
Performance testing of fiber patch cords is divided into:
1. Optical performance testing, including return loss / insertion loss test. The instrument tested can use the FibKey 7602 Return Loss / Insertion Loss Integration Tester.
2. End geometry test, the parameters of the test include radius of curvature, vertex offset, fiber height and so on. The instrument tested was an interferometer and many people tested it with a Norland AC/NC3000 or CC6000. In particular, the CC6000 interferometer is used in more and more factories because of its superior cost performance.
3. Fiber end face scratch detection, using a video fiber magnifying glass for observation, such as many factories using FibView FV-400PA for inspection. The instrument gives the sharpest image and is extremely easy to operate. Customers also use the FibKey-5600 variable magnification magnifier for inspection. The instrument integrates 400x, 200x, and 80x magnifiers to provide a clear and convenient view of the fiber end face and the ferrule end face. Of course, you can also use the relevant software for automatic checking.
4. Fiber pull test, you need to test the tensile strength that the fiber connector can withstand.
5. Ambient temperature experiments, it is necessary to test the performance of the fiber optic connector under different ambient temperatures.